- Provide care and rehabilitation to abused and neglected horses;
- Assist members of the community that can no longer care for their horses;
- Prevent innocent animals from being subjected to auctions and slaughter.
Goals and Objectives
- Create a volunteer-based, equine welfare organization to ensure quality care and treatment of horses through intervention, education and outreach.
- Create a partnership with enforcement agencies in Ontario to provide a reputable facility for the care and rehabilitation of horses under investigation.
- Educate the public on equine welfare issues.
- Establish a program to assist other rescue organizations in Ontario as more facilities are needed to take in the increasing number of abused and neglected horses across the Province.
"Bread may feed my body, but my horse feeds my soul."
~ Author Unknown
Whispering Hearts Horse Rescue is privately funded by the efforts of the owners, and kind donations of like minded animal lovers.
It is all Volunteers, who are many, that donate their time and efforts which allows Whispering Hearts to operate. Since being established in 2007, WHHR has saved over 190 horses in need. We are proud to say that many of these have now been adopted into permanent loving homes as a result of our efforts and dedication to our cause.
Many thanks to all the wonderful people who have helped us make our dream come true.
Brenda and Dave Thompson
We are not open to the public, please contact us if you would like to visit our facilities. Also, please check out the How You Can Help section to learn about ways to contribute.